How do I get reimbursed for tutoring services outside of the university?


At the completion of your tutoring sessions, you must do the following:


Step 1: Obtain and complete VA Form 22-1990t, Application and Enrollment Certification for Individualized Tutorial Assistance. This form can be found at:

Step 2: Take it to your tutor. The tutor must sign and date the application in:

  • Items 14A and 14B

Step 3: Take it to the Office of Veterans Engagement’s VA Certifying Official. The Certifying Official must:

  • Complete Items 15 and 16

  • Sign in Items 17A and 17B

Step 4: Then take this form to your Professor/Instructor of the course for which tutoring was performed. The Professor/Instructor must:

  • Sign 18A

  • Complete 18B

Step 5: Review the form. After you have completed it in its entirety, send it to the VA as soon as possible for your claim for reimbursement.