Can I transfer my Post-9/11 benefits to my child or spouse?



Yes. You can transfer your Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to your spouse or child.



The Department of Defense allows individuals to transfer up to 36 months of benefits to a family member if:


  • they are a member of the Armed Forces on or after August 1, 2009

  • have served at least 6-10 years in the Armed Forces

  • agree to serve at least another 4 years in the Armed Forces

To learn more about transferability of benefits, visit the GI Bill website,