Major Functions

Registration of Students - The Office of the Registrar is the center of the registration process at Morgan State University-- investigating and finalizing details as to when and how registration will proceed; compilation and publication of the schedule booklet; and assisting students in all aspects of registration.

Transcripts - Parchment Inc. will facilitate your request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the Official MSU Transcript link below (you may also access this site through myMSU). Periodically throughout the day, Morgan State will receive requests from Parchment Inc. and process them within our business hours (M-F 8:00a-5:00p). Parchment Inc. uses current web encryption technology and your information will be secure. All financial obligations to the University must be cleared before a transcript request will be honored.

To get started, click on the link below.

Official MSU Transcript

Verifications - Verification of student records includes verification of attendance dates; graduation dates; major in which degree was earned; number of credit hours completed at M.S.U.; whether enrolled half-time, part-time or full-time and the semester of enrollment; anticipated graduation date; and date of withdrawal from the University.

Students' Records- It is the responsibility of the Office of the Registar to house and maintain the records of students. The office treats such information in a confidential manner, and exercises the highest levels of integrity in the dissemination of such records. The Office of the Registrar complies with all Federal, State, and University rules and policies with regard to privacy.

Baltimore Student Exchange Program- The Baltimore Student Exchange Program encourages a variety of unique educational opportunities to meet the needs of the Morgan students beyond what the campus boundaries provide. Two aspects of this program, which are offered through the Office of the Registrar, include: (1) BSEP program of the State Colleges of Maryland and (2) the Academic Cooperative Program.

The BSEP Program of the State colleges is divided into two facets: (a) Greater Baltimore area 4-year institutions and (b) other 4-year State institutions. The first facet is a cooperative arrangement, which exists between Coppin, Morgan, Towson, and University of Baltimore. The second facet includes Frostburg and Salisbury. Students eligible to participate in these programs must have full-time, undergraduate status (except Freshmen) and good academic (as determined by the Home institution). The cost is equal to the cost of attendance at the Home institution.

The Academic BSEP Program, instituted in September 1973, is a BSEP arrangement between Goucher, Johns Hopkins (College of Arts and Sciences only), Loyola, Morgan, Notre Dame, and Towson. This program is also open to full-time day students (except Freshmen) during the Fall and Spring Semesters only.

Additional information may be secured from by contacting the Office of Records and Registration.

Drop/ Add- Classes may be dropped without academic penalty according to the deadline published in the academic calendar. Discontinued attendance DOES NOT constitute dropping a class and such action will result in the grade of an "F", which is computed in the average as well as being held accountable for the cost of the class. Classes may be added as specified in the published schedule booklets each semester.

Change of Major - When a student wants to change his/her major, they need to obtain signatures from the appropriate Chairpersons. Once the form has been completed with appropriate signatures, the Office of the Registrar will process the Change of Major.

Change of Address - Current enrolled students who wish to change their address must obtain and complete the Personal Information Update form located in the Office of the Registrar.

Change of Social Security Number - Change of Social Security Number forms (once completed by the student) are inputted into the system by the Office of the Registrar. Official documentation is needed before requests are processed.

Change of Name - Change of Name forms (once completed by the student) are inputted into the system by the Office of the Registrar. Official documentation is needed before requests are processed.

Withdrawal from School - Students who wish to withdraw completely from the University for the semester in which they are registered, should report to their academic dean to begin the process. Withdrawal forms signed by the dean are to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar to be input into the system.

Application for Graduation - Students must file applications for graduation in the office of the Dean of their school according to dates published in the University Calendar. 

Residency Status - Students who wish to change their residency status must obtain and complete a Change of Residency form from the Office of the Registrar. In addition to the completed form, requested documentation must also be submitted.

Voter Registration - Voter Registration cards may be obtained by downloading the form from the Board of Elections site at: