How To Apply for Financial Aid
HOW DO I APPLY?
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) We have created a FAFSA Checklist to get you started.
MSU School Code: 002083
- Verification Forms & Federal Income Tax Transcripts (if applicable)
- Check Award Status *Allow 2 to 4 weeks after MSU has received your FAFSA results* (WebSIS - Student Information System)
- Parents can apply for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan
- Complete Direct Student Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Interview Counseling (www.studentloans.gov)
- If additional funds are required, students may apply for an Alternative Loan through an approved lender.
First consideration for aid will be given to eligible students whose completed applications have been received by the following dates:
- Feb 15 - Fall Semester
- Nov 1 - Spring Semester*
- May 1 - Summer Session*
* Applicants for Spring Semester & Summer session will be evaluated based on the availability of funds!