Post-COVID and Racial Injustice Effects on Mental Health
We are all likely experiencing some level of emotional discomfort given the spread of COVID-19 and Racial Injustice. Concerns about health, stress from the disruption that is needed for public health measures, and social distancing may all have impacts on one's mental health and/or may exacerbate underlying symptoms. If these symptoms are persistent and chronic, please contact the Counseling Center for support at (443)885-3130 to schedule a consultation.
Be mindful of these common signs of distress. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, check out our resources on coping.
- Symptoms of depression or anxiety that do not get better with typical coping activities; worsening chronic health problems
- Difficulty concentrating
- Changes in appetite, energy, and activity levels
- Feelings of numbness, disbelief, anxiety or fear
- Difficulty sleeping
- Physical reactions such as headaches, stomach problems, etc.
- Irritability or short-temper