Coronavirus Information & Resources
Community Responsibility Agreement
Morgan State University is concerned for the health and safety of its campus community. The nature of the COVID-19 disease is such that actions taken by you affect not only your well-being but the well-being of every person with whom you interact and share the campus. To ensure the safety of myself and our Campus Community, I fully understand and agree to the following:
- I will monitor my health on a regular bases and take reasonable precautions to minimize my exposure to COVID-19. In addition to monitoring other symptoms of possible illness or COVID-19 infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, chills, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell, and/or shortness of breath), I will take my temperature every day to determine whether I have a fever. This self-assessment is required every day, regardless of whether I am sick or well.
- I will not leave my home or, or come to the campus if I live in University housing or non-University housing off-campus, to attend classes, report to work, or to access any facilities on campus and will immediately contact the University’s Health Center or Human Resources at OHR@morgan.edu if:
- I have been exposed an/or have reason to believe I have been exposed to COVID-19;
- I have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher;
- I am exhibiting other symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, chills, muscle pain, loss of sense of smell or taste, and/or shortness of breath); or
- I have been advised by a healthcare professional not to report to work due to actual or possible COVID-19 infection or exposure.
- I agree that the University may require me to get tested for COVID-19 if I experience symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If I am diagnosed with COVID-19, I will cooperate with the University and state/local health officials to provide necessary information about the individuals with whom I had close contact during the 14-day period prior to experiencing symptoms.
- I understand that, if I am required to self-isolate or self-quarantine, I will do so in accordance with the University guidelines and direction.
- I acknowledge that, while on campus, I am required to:
- practice good personal hygiene (e.g., wash hands frequently with soap and water or, if soap is unavailable, with hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol).
- routinely clean and sanitize my workspace and shared equipment.
- wear a face covering (consistent with University and/or CDC guidelines).
- practice physical distancing at all times and adhere to guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, as well as federal, state and local government authorities, to protect my health and the health of the University community.
I have read, understand, and will adhere to the University’s health-and–safety measures, and I understand that my access to campus may be conditioned on my adherence to them.