Sociology At A Glance
The Sociology Department is a dynamic, cutting-edge, center of intellectual life at Morgan.
We train leaders and thinkers!
The Sociology Department offers:
- Certificates in Criminal Justice and Anthropology (for its majors)
- Minors in Sociology, Anthropology and Criminal Justice (for non-majors)
- The potential to Minor in Women's and Gender Studies or complete the Pre-Law Track
- A Masters of Arts/ Science degree program, which many of best our undergraduates choose to complete upon graduation
- Tangible skills like social mapping and social statistics
- An opportunity to work in the community, to do transdisciplinary research, to complete exciting internships, to present research at conferences, or to serve as a teaching or research assistant... all as part of a student's undergraduate coursework!
- Required courses offered during both day and evening periods, offered online, offered during the summer, and offered during the winter, to faciliate matriculation for working students
- exciting courses in: social problems, marriage and the family, criminology, social demography, urban sociology, African American culture, archaeology, sociology of religion, cultural anthropology, forensic anthropology, linguistics, jails and prisons, juvenile justice, methods of social research, applied sociology, and much more!!!!
There are over 200 Sociology Majors at MSU!
Watch this video about our Transdisciplinary Work on the Hill Community Small Area Plan!