Student Response Systems
Student Response Systems are used to promote active learning in classrooms. These systems allow groups of people to vote on a topic, take a survey or answer questions. The responses are tabulated and displayed to the participants. Many of these systems will create poll result reports that can be downloaded.
For Instructors: Best Practices
Research -- What does the literature say about clickers?
- Blasco - The Role of Interactivity
- Clicker Resource Guide - CWSEI
- CWSEI Videos: Excellent examples of how instructors use clickers
- Turn to your Neighbor || 6 Most Common Questions about using Peer Instruction || Peer Instruction Primer - Eric Mazur (Video)
- Response switching and self-efficacy in Peer Instruction classrooms -- Eric Mazur
- Clicker Best Practices
- Agile Teaching (Derek Bruff)
- Writing Effective Clicker Questions - including questions for each level of Bloom's Taxonomy
Free Options for your Class!
- Quiziz --Recommended! This free quizzing tool features multiple choice - single correct or multiple correct options. View reports online or downloads them to Excel. Simple user interface with fun memes for feedback. This tool can be used in class, or self-paced. If you are looking for a system that focuses on multiple choice or multiple answer questions ONLY, use Quiziz.
- Kahoot: Recommended-- Create multiple choice poll questions, create drag and drop ordering activities, and surveys. You can download results.
- Slido: Slido allows you to create multiple choice, open text, and rating questions; however, the free version supports just one question per poll. You can download results into Excel.
- Poll Everywhere: Free for up to 40 participants. Many question types; however, you cannot download or view reports with the free version.
Student Responses System by Campus Labs (Recommended)
This tool is free for instructors and students. Provides three question formats, including "open-ended" questions. Results are tabulated based on "tags' added to questions. This tool is simple but effective; there is no connection between this system and the Bb grade center. Students will need a phone, laptop, tablet or computer to participate in your poll.
- Log into Campuslab at: morgan.campuslabs.com
- Log in with your Morgan user name and password
- Select Student Response System