Borrow/Renew Library Materials
The Circulation Department administers the Library's loan policy and procedures. It is located at the main entrance and is staffed all hours that the Library is open.
- Current MSU Faculty, Staff and Students need a Bear Necessity Card to borrow from the main and course reserve collections.
- USMAI borrowers need a current photo ID from their home institution
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended due to excess fines or overdue materials.
- Faculty/ Staff: Semester
- Graduate and Undergraduate Students: 4 weeks
- Faculty /Staff: Unlimited if there is no HOLD pending
- Students: Unlimited, if there is no HOLD pending
- Renewals may be requested in person or online through the USMAI catalog and click on My Account. If items are overdue any overdue fines must be paid before renewing.
Overdue Items and Fines
- Overdue Notice is sent to the borrower 14 days after the due date
- $.25 cents per item, per day on the 4th day past due date
- $10.00 maximum fine per item
Lost/Unreturned Item and Fee
- A lost book is one that is reported lost by the borrower or that is more than 45 days overdue.
- Lost book charge is $60, plus a $20 processing fee
- The Library will mail you a bill. These charges will be posted on your record as well and you will be informed by the Circulation Desk staff when you renew or charge out materials.
Refunds for Replacement Charges
- Library materials returned, in good condition, within 30 days after replacement fees are paid will be refunded less the 10.00 maximum late fine. No refunds after 30 days of payment for lost items. Items damaged beyond repair will be discarded. Damaged items will not be returned to students.
- A patron may request that a TRACE be placed on material designated as available in the USMAI catalog but not found in the stacks.
For more Circulation information please see the Circulation FAQ page or please call (443) 885-3477.