Group Study Room Policies
There are group study rooms on the south perimeter of each floor available for walk-in use. These rooms are primarily intended for groups (3 or more) of students. Study rooms specifically for faculty & graduate students are available.
- Group study rooms are specifically designated for collaborative group work. An online reservation must be completed prior to accessing a room. The online reservation form can be found under "Services" on the library's web page. At least 2 group members must be present to gain entrance to a reserved room.
- All individualized work must be done within library open areas.
- Patrons can reserve a group study room up to 4 hours per day by presenting an active MSU Bear Card at the circulation desk.
- Each individual patron must complete a Reservation Agreement prior to using a group study room. This agreement will remain in effect for the entirety of the student's current degree program.
- A Group Leader is required for each reservation. The Leader's BearCard must remain at the Circulation Desk during use of the room. The Leader also takes full responsibility for the decorum and actions of all group members during their time in the study room.
- The Earl S. Richardson Library (ESRL) reserves the right to cancel a group study room reservation if the group has not occupied said room within 30 minutes of their reservation time.
- Patrons must not exceed room occupancy maximum of five (5) persons.
- Group study rooms are not soundproof; therefore, patrons are encouraged to keep their voices down out of consideration for other library users.
- Groups that are excessively noisy and disturb others may be asked to vacate group study rooms.
- Furnishings from other parts of the library must not be brought into the group study rooms.
- Patrons are not allowed to sleep in group study rooms.
- Food and drink are strictly prohibited in all study rooms AND in the library proper. Bottled water is the only exception to this guideline.
- It is critical that any and all refuse (tissues, pencil shavings, water bottles, paper towels, etc.) be properly disposed of in trash receptacles located in the study room and throughout the library. Trash found after a session is a violation.
- It is a violation to provide inaccurate group information to obtain a reservation
- Any Patron(s) found in violation of ANY of these guidelines will lose group study room privileges for the remainder of the academic school year. In addition, those found in violation will be reported to the judicial review board for hearing.
- White board erasers and markers should be checked-out (in the patron's name) at the circulation desk for room reservation to be complete, as use of paper to clean board is prohibited.
Please contact the Circulation Services Desk at 443-885-3477 if you have any concerns about the group study rooms.
Earl S. Richardson Library
Text: askmorganlibrary + your question to 66746
Spring Break Hours
Fri 3/16: 24 hrs
Sat 3/17: 12 am - 6 pm
Sun 3/18: CLOSED
Mon-Fri 3/19-3/23: 8 am - 5 pm
Sat 3/24: CLOSED
Sun 3/25: 1 pm - 9 pm