Some of our students have been awarded scholarships by the following institutions/companies recently (this is only a partial list); most schoarlships are awarded based on merit .
AICPA, Other Institutions and CPA Firms
Institute of Management Accountants
National Association of Black Accountants
State CPA Societies
United Negro College Fund
Morgan State University - GSBM Scholarships
One application qualifies the student for all the scholarships listed below. Application forms maybe obtained from MM 635, MM 101 or your department office.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate matriculating degree student enrolled in a full-time business program.
- Must have completed a minimum of thirty (30) semester credit hours. At least fifteen (15) semester credit hours to have been completed at Morgan State University. Does not apply to incoming freshman.
- Must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 for undergraduate and 3.3 for graduate students.
- Must be a full-time student the school year the scholarship is in effect.
- Must submit a complete application to be eligible to receive the scholarship along with:
- A letter of recommendation from applicant's major department
- A letter from the applicant to explain goals and objectives and scholarship sought
- A copy of applicant's most recent transcript
- The recipient must use the award at Morgan State University
Application Deadline: April 15 each year
Scholarship amounts vary from $500 to $5,000. Most donors give multiple scholarships.
* * * All scholarships are based on need & scholarship unless otherwise stipulated * * *
LIST OF DONORS FOR GSBM SCHOLARSHIPS:
1. Allfirst Bank
For juniors and seniors showing an interest in banking and finance, and majoring in ANY BUSINESS DISCIPLINE. A Graves corporate partner, Allfirst Bank established an endowed scholarship at the Graves School in 1997.
2. Armentha Cruise Scholarship
Awarded to students majoring in INFORMATION SCIENCE AND SYSTEMS.
Armentha Cruise is a graduate of the Graves School and founder of Aspen personnel Services.
3. Bank of America Scholarship
For juniors and seniors majoring in ANY BUSINESS DISCIPLINE with an interest in financial services industry. Provided by Bank of America of Maryland.
4. Bureau of National Affairs Scholarship
Awarded to a junior or senior majoring in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION. The award recipient is also eligible to receive a paid summer internship. BNA, a DC based news and information publisher, has been a Graves School supporter for the past several years.
5. Christana Ricks Johns Scholarship
Awarded to students majoring in ACCOUNTING.
This scholarship is in honor of retired accounting professor, Christana Ricks Johns. Major supporters include accounting firms: Abrams, Foster, Nole & Williams; Wilkins McNair; Playtime Corporation; and a host of alumni.
6. Earl G. Graves Scholarship Program
For new and continuing students majoring in ANY BUSINESS DISCIPLINE.
This program is provided through an endowment established by Earl G. Graves, a distinguished alumnus and publisher of Black Enterprise Magazine.
7. Hormel Foods Corp.
For a junior or senior majoring in MARKETING with an interest in pursuing a career in sales or marketing. Hormel is a multinational company that has increased its focus at Morgan, and supports careers in professional sales.
8. Meredith Evans Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding, incoming and matriculating freshman ANY BUSINESS DISCIPLINE students. Students should demonstrate a financial need and possess a minimum GPA of 3.2.
This scholarship is made available through the generosity of Morgan alums, John and Marsha Holmes.
9. MBNA Scholarship
Awarded to students majoring in ANY BUSINESS DISCIPLINE.
This scholarship is made possible by the generosity of the MBNA Foundation to strengthen its relationship with Morgan's School of Business.
10. Meridian Management Group
For undergraduate ANY BUSINESS DISCIPLINE students with a minimum 3.0 GPA (non-athletes) and 2.5 GPA (for athletes). Students must be at least sophomores and have demonstrated financial need.
MMG is a successful venture capital company that is owned and managed by graduates of the Graves School of Business.
11. Paige T. & Flo Davis Scholarship
Awarded to a rising sophomore majoring in MARKETING.
This scholarship is made possible through the generosity of Paige T. & Flo Endowed Scholarship Fund.
12. Sun Trust Bank Scholarship
Awarded to high achievement freshman majoring in ANY BUSINESS DISCIPLINE. Students should have demonstrated financial need and be interested in business leadership.
1. Earl G. Graves Scholarship Program
For new and continuing students pursuing the Masters in Business Administration.
Provided through an endowment established by Earl G. Graves, a distinguished alumnus and publisher of Black Enterprise Magazine.
2. T. Rowe Price Foundation
Must be a graduate business student (MBA). Must have at least 3.0 GPA.