What is the SBM Student Services Office?
The SBM Student Services Office is located within our school (McMechen - Room 101) and provides useful information and resources for our students. For student convenience, most of the forms and paperwork processed by the Registrar's Office can be found in our Office. The idea was to establish an internal office that would create a better relationship between the SBM administrators and our students. It provides aid to School of Business and Management Students in their quest for greater academic support.
The Office serves many purposes, but one of the major functions of the office is to clear seniors for graduation. Once an SBM student applies for graduation, the application will be processed and a student audit will be generated from this office. Also, upon meeting all of the academic requirements for graduation, a recommendation for Final Academic Clearance is processed through this same Student Services Office.
Transactions which occur within the Student Services Office:
The following is a list of the activities and functions that the Student Services Office can help students with. If you are a student and have any questions about any of these functions or other needs, please stop by our Office.
- Request for Excess Credits
- Permission for Course Substitutions
- Request for an Incomplete Grade
- Permission to Take Classes Off Campus
- Application for Graduation
- Request for a Change of Major or Program
- A Withdrawal from the University
- Transfer Credit Approval
- Advice Pertaining to your Overall Academic Program (generally, advisement comes from your department)
- If You Are Lost And Do Not Know Where Else to Turn," etc.
- Applications for Graduation due First Tuesday in October (May's Graduation) or Last Friday in May (December's Graduation)
- Graduation Ceremony - Third Week in May
- Senior Level Exam Review - First Tuesday in October and February
- Senior Level Examination - First Saturday in November and March
- Annual Career Day - Second Wednesday in October
- Last Day to Drop Classes - Third Wednesday in October and March
- Advisement Days for Students - Last Week in October thru Second Week in November or Last Week in March thru Second Week in April
- Winter Session Registration - Third and Fourth Weeks in November
- Summer Session Registration - Third Thursday in May