Welcome to Morgan State University's School of Social Work. The school was originally formed in 1969, it was known as the Undergraduate Social Welfare Program in the Department of Sociology, College of Liberal Arts. It was not until 1975 that the program received departmental status and the name was changed to Department of Social Work. The social work program received approval by the Council on Social Work Education in 1971. In 1975, it became one of the first undergraduate programs in the country to receive accreditation by this body. The department has continually received re-accreditation since that time. In 2007 the department reached new growth and expanded to add a Masters and PhD program. Both programs have adapted the rich tradition of enhancing the knowledge base of future social workers and leaders in America with a specific interest in specializing in urban areas. Pursuant to the department's continuing efforts to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of academic programs, effective November 16, 2009 the department of social work was restructured to become a school.
School of Social Work
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Jenkins Behavioral Science Building, Rm. 343
Baltimore, MD 21251