Public Health Program Admissions Information
For a comprehensive overview of the Public Health Program admission and academic requirements, please review the Morgan State Public Health Program Brochure. Interested students must apply to the Morgan State School of Graduate Studies. An Online Application is available on the School of Graduate Studies website.
To be considered for admission to the MPH program, applicants must have earned a bachelor's and /or master's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum academic grade point average of 3.0 or above. To be considered for the DrPH program, applicants must have earned a Masters Degree in a health or social science disclipline form an accredited College or University with a minimum academic grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above. Successful applicants are admitted to the MPH and DrPH programs only in the Fall semester. Admission is based on the following requirements:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from public health professionals.
- A current resume.
- A 1-2 page essay describing your work/educational experience, area of interest, and career objectives.
- Official transcripts of all post secondary studies.
- Test scores for MPH degree applicants may not be more than (5) years old prior to date of application.
- If the applicant for either the MPH and DrPH programs has a doctoral degree in the health or social sciences, this criterion may be waived based on the assessment of his/her individual academic record.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a public health/allied health field is preferred.
- Interview with a member of the Program's admissions committee (in person when possible).