The 3+2 Program
The accelerated 3+2 (Bachelor of Science in Architecture & Environmental Design PLUS Master of Architecture, City and Regional Planning, or Landscape Architecture Track) Program's Application is open to undergraduate students in their second* year of an associate degree program in architecture and second* and/or third year of the BSAED program. Students in this competitve program can earn their accredited professional degree in Architecture, City and Regional Planning, or Landscape Architecture within five years of full-time study.
Minimum Admission Requirements to submit an application:
- Students must earn a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Morgan State University students must earn a minimum grade of 'B' in all BSAED required courses within the first six (6) semesters of the BSAED curriculum.
- Students must have a 'C' or better in all General Education courses.
- Transfer students, from two-year institutions, must earn a minimum grade of 'B' for all courses transferring as BSAED major requirements.
- Submit 3+2 Application via online: https://apply.embark.com/grad/morganstate/11/ by February 15th for fall admission. There is a $40 Application Fee.
- Letter/Statement of Intent (Personal Statement).
- Official transcript(s).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- Morgan State University students: one letter of recommendation must be from your ARCH 104, 201, 202 or 301 instructor. The other letters of recommendation must be from an individual who can assess your potential as an architecture student.
- New Transfer Students: one letter must be from your sending institution's department head/chair. The other letters must be from individuals who can assess your potential as a graduate student.
- Portfolio (For Architecture and Landscape Architecture Only)
Please address/mail your portfolio by February 15th to:
School of Architecture and Planning
The 3+2 Program
Morgan State University
1700 East Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251
The 3+2 application packet (policies and requirements) will be available soon
For more information the 3+2 Program, Contact:
Master of Architecture: Jeremy Kargon (email@example.com)
Master of City and Regional Planning: Dr. Siddhartha Sen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Master of Landscape Architecture: Paul Voos (email@example.com)
POLICIES AND DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.