MDOT-Morgan State University Graduate School Internship
The Maryland Department of Transportation-Morgan State University Graduate School Internship is designed to give graduate students meaningful and practical experience in a transportation agency.
The year-long, paid internship is open to students pursuing post-graduate degrees in engineering, transportation, landscape architecture, finance, and information technology. Interns work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
Placement opportunities are available at
- the Maryland Aviation Administration
- Maryland Port Administration
- Maryland Transit Administration
- Motor Vehicle Administration
- State Highway Administration
- Maryland Transportation Authority
- the secretary's office at MDOT Headquarters
Interns function as junior-level analysts or planners under the direct supervision of a senior staff member.
Students should submit
- a completed MDOT application; the application is available here
- a letter of application citing their major, area of specialization, and the name of the MDOT administration for which they are most interested in working
- a resume
- an official transcript
- two letters of recommendation
- an essay (300 words or less) on the following topic: How an internship at the Maryland Department of Transportation will be beneficial to my career
Contact Alice Williams at 443-885-3348 or Anita Jones at 443-885-4813 for application materials.