About the NTC
Officially known as the Morgan State University National Center for Transportation Management, Research and Development, the NTC is part of the U.S. Department of Transportation's University Transportation Centers Program. The NTC is also a member of the Council of University Transportation Centers.
The center was established by Congress under the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991; reauthorized in 1998 by the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century; and reauthorized again in 2005 by the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act - a Legacy for Users.
Since its founding, the NTC has
- provided internships to over 150 students
- introduced over 200 high schools students to the career opportunities in the transportation industry
- completed 28 research projects
- established partnerships with the Maryland State Highway Administration and Maryland Department of Transportation
- created a curriculum enrichment program for high school math and science teachers
- co-sponsored two national conferences
A directory of the NTC's staff can be found on the publications page.