Tech Trends Resources
- The Horizon Report -- summary of the latest instructional technology trends
- Educause: Seven Things you should Know About (Lists various technology tools or innovations and seven things you should know about each).
Flip your Classroom
Definition of Flipped Learning: Flipped Learning is a pedagogical approach in which direct instruction moves from the group learning space to the individual learning space, and the resulting group space is transformed into a dynamic, interactive learning environment where the educator guides students as they apply concepts and engage creatively in the subject matter.
- The Flipped Classroom for Higher Ed(video)
- The Flipped Chemistry Class
- 7 Things you should Know about Flipped Learning
- 4 Pillars of the Flipped Classroom
- Flipped Classroom Myth v. Reality
- Three Ways to hold Students Accountable for Pre-Class Work
Using Clickers -- Check out our Clickers Information Page
Flipboard: bring your social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn into one location alongside your favorite news sources and anything else you like to read, or watch (like YouTube) - all while making it easily to share your favorite content with your social networks and enabling you to easily curate your favorite content into Flipboard magazine(s)
Sound Note: Take handwritten notes and record synchronized audio with it
Public Speaking or Broadcast/Telecom Courses:
Teleprompter+: Teleprompter app for public speaking, screencasting, lecture casting etc.
Quick Response QR Codes:
Easy QR Code: Add a QR (Quick Response) Code to your syllabus or course materials.
A QR code is graphic image that is read by a mobile phone through its camera. The app then takes the user to a website, text message, video or other information.
Uses of QR Codes:
lab procedures or virtual labs
additional information on art exhibits
link to student survey about topics that are unclear or need further explanation
link to virtual tours
Mobile Story Telling:
Grades and Attendance:
- Show Me: You can create the screen cast and post the link in Bb or email it to students.
- Panopto - Use Panopto to record for mobile or regular web-based presentations -- See Bb Instruction Site