- Employees are eligible for up to 11 holidays per calendar year. Employees earn additional leave for general or congressional elections and special holidays declared by the Governor.
- Faculty members on a nine and one-half month contract earn sick leave at a rate of 11.87 days per academic year. Faculty members on a ten- month contract earn sick leave at a rate of 12.5 days per academic year.
- Sick leave may be accumulated without limit. If the employee is a member of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System, accrued sick leave is credited to the employee's service time at retirement.
Other Types of Leave:
- There are other types of paid leave available, such as: administrative leave, bereavement and accident.
- Paid leave is also granted for the following: military service for up to 15 work days per year; jury duty; summoned court appearances, as long as the employee is not a party to the action nor a paid witness.