2014-023 UNIVERSITY POLICE OFFICER III (Corporal)
PROMOTIONAL OPENING - Limited to MSU Employees ONLY
|Department||Police and Public Safety|
|Posting Date||April 14, 2014|
|Closing Date||May 16, 2014|
Department: Police and Public Safety
Duties: Performs the duties of a Police Officer; works under general supervision; may function in a lead capacity or independently as a recognized specialist in an ongoing law enforcement program or as the Officer in Charge of a small group of police officers; assists with the supervision of routine operations and staff; determines work priorities and evaluates staff; serves as a specialist performing assignments requiring additional or advance training such as crime prevention, criminal investigations or special events; develops and conducts training sessions; devotes a substantial amount of time performing the duties of a University Police Officer II. This position reports to the Sergeant.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: One year experience following the Police Academy as a sworn/certified Police Officer recognized by the Maryland Police Training Commission.
Promotional Qualifications: Applicants for this promotional opportunity must:
- Have completed any probationary period associated with the employee's job classification
- Have not been required to provide verification for sick leave use, within six (6) months of the date of application
- Be in good physical condition; an employee who is currently on modified duty status or on leave, must attach documentation verifying eligibility to return to work on full duty status to the employee's application materials when delivered to the Office of Human Resources
- Received a rating of "meets standards" or better on the employee evaluation, preceding the date of the employees application
- Proof of possession of the posted minimum qualifications and skills necessary for the position. Proof of qualifications and skills necessary to perform the duties of a position must be evident and clearly documented for any individual applying for a promotional opportunity.
Note: Additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work in the classification may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Possession of a Class "C" Maryland State driver's license or equivalent is required. Selected candidates may be subject to medical inquiries and/or exam to determine ability to perform the job and may undergo drug and alcohol screening.
There is a promotional process which will be made available to all qualified candidates.
To Apply: Send letter of interest indicating Job #2014-023, a MSU Employment Application and three names of references with telephone numbers to: Morgan State University, Office of Human Resources, 1700 East Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, Maryland 21251 or e-mail your information to email@example.com. EEO/AA