High School Finance Summit
2017 High School Finance Summit
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Application Deadline: March 7, 2017
Local high schools with an Academy of Finance program are invited to participate!
This program is free of charge.
Nature of Program:
This event is a partnership between Morgan State University and the National Academy Foundation. Its purpose is to:
- enlighten local high school students about careers in accounting and finance,
- enable participants to network with accounting and finance professionals, and
- give participants an opportunity to apply knowledge of accounting and finance concepts in a case competition.
The program consists of:
- Continental breakfast
- Overview of Morgan State University
- Student Life at MSU - presented by Morgan's accounting and finance student clubs
- Panel of accounting and finance professionals
- Lunch and networking
- Introduction of case judges
- Case competition
- Awards ceremony
- Attendance per high school is limited to 30 participants.
- The details of the finance case will be mailed to schools that apply by the application deadline.
- Schools are not required to participate in the case competition but are encouraged to do so.
- Awards will be given for the best case presentation.