Student Rights and Responsibilities
Rights and Responsibilities
You have the following rights:
- You have the right to be notified when money is credited to your account.
- You have the right to privacy.
- You have the right to know what financial aid programs are available at Morgan.
- You have the right to a complete explanation of the award process.
- You have the right to know the Financial Aid Office's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- You have the right to know Morgan State University's Refund Policy.
- You have the right to cancel a student loan within 10 days from the time the funds were posted to your account.
You are responsible for the following:
- Reading and understanding all forms and agreements that you sign.
- Following all directions carefully.
- Submitting honest and accurate information regarding your financial circumstances.
- Submitting required documentation in a timely fashion.
- Signing a Promissory Note and a statement of rights and responsibilities.
- Informing the Financial Aid Office of additional sources of financial aid received.
- Complete your FAFSA or renewal application for aid each year with Morgan’s school code indicated (002083).
- All First Time Morgan State University Student Loan borrowers must complete an Entrance Interview and Master Promissory Note on Studentloans.gov.
- A graduating or exiting student loan borrower must attend an exit counseling session.
Morgan State University, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, complies with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination, including Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972 (sex discrimination) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (discrimination against the handicapped). Morgan’s policy is that no person, on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, handicap, or veteran status, shall be discriminated against in employment, educational programs, activities, admissions, or financial aid.