Entering transfer students must attend Transfer Orientation where you will receive information pertinent to your unique and collective needs, meet your major advisor, and register for classes. You may bring family members with you; however, we caution you that this is a day-long event which may be difficult for children and older guests. You may register HERE using your Morgan e-mail address. You may also contact the Office of Transfer Student Programming (TSP) at 443-885-3711 or by e-mail at TSP@morgan.edu to register for the session of your choice. You may register to attend orientation when:
- you have completed the admissions process;
- you have been admitted to the University; and
- you have tendered the confirmation fee ($150 deposit).
Orientations for 2017 will be held in the University Student Center as follows:
Spring 2018 semester:
- Friday, January 12, 2018. (Open to all newly admitted transfer students AND newly admitted freshmen) Location: Calvin & Tina Tyler Ballroom B-C, University Student Center (2nd floor)
Fall 2018 semester:
- Thursday, June 7, 2018 (Open to all newly admitted transfer students). Location: Theater, University Student Center (1st floor) - REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2017
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 (Open to all newly admitted transfer students). Location: Theater, University Student Center (1st floor) - REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2017
- Thursday, August 16, 2018 (Open to all newly admitted transfer students). Location: Theater, University Student Center (1st floor) - REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2017
Course registration is open to transfer students only on orientation days. Transfer orientation dates fill up rapidly. Do not wait until the last minute to register. Meeting with your advisor before selecting classes is mandatory. All transfer students attending orientation will be advised in their major departments and will have the opportunity to register for classes.
Be certain you have submitted the final transcript from your former school in order to avoid registering for courses you have already taken and satisfactorily completed. If you complete a course at Morgan for which you have already received a passing grade from a former school and you receive a lower grade at Morgan, the Morgan grade will prevail on your transcript. Also, failure to submit all transcripts from all institutions you have attended previously to the Office of Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment may be grounds for dismissal. Make certain your paperwork is complete!
Finally, be certain to also submit as quickly as possible for evaluation all alternative credits you have completed successfully; i.e., Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and CLEP examination credits.
...about Transfer Orientation Day
- 9:00-11:00 am Welcome and Information Session;
- 11:00-Noon Confer with Transfer Coordinator;
- Noon-4:00 pm Meet with advisor, register for courses.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
● a sealed copy of your final transcript (if not already submitted)
● any financial aid papers you have not submitted.
Arrive 15 to 30 minutes early. The program will begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp. Wear comfortable shoes. Plan to spend the day.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS
There is a walk-over bridge from the 3rd level of the garage that leads directly into the University Student Center. The cost of parking is 50-cents per hour.
Take Exit 30A, Perring Parkway South. The Parkway name changes to Hillen Road. Continue to Cold Spring Ln. Turn Left on Cold Spring Lane. Go about 0.3 miles on Cold Spring Ln. Turn Right onto the first street (Stadium Drive). Go to the second Stop Sign. Garage is located on the right.
Take Cold Spring Lane (East) to the intersection of Cold Spring Lane and Hillen Road. Go about 0.3 miles on Cold Spring Ln. Turn Right onto the first street (Stadium Drive). Go to the second Stop Sign. Garage is located on the right.
YOUR DEPARTMENTAL TRANSFER COORDINATORS
After receiving an evaluation of credits earned at your previous school(s), the Transfer Coordinator for your major will assist you with advising, course selection, and registration. Meeting with an advisor is mandatory.
School of Architecture & Planning: Mr. E. Richardson- 443-885-4309
School of Business & Management: Ms. M. Logan - 443-885-4041
School of Community Health and Policy: Nursing-Ms. S. Richburg 443-885-4288
Nutrition-Ms. Evelyn Gainey 443-885-4145
School of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences: Mr. C. Lewis - 443-885-4673
School of Education and Urban Studies: Dr. A. Fitchue - 443-885-3385
School of Engineering: Dr. M. Poindexter - 443-885-4312
School of Global Journalism and Communication: Mr. Z. Rogers - 443-885-1990
The College of Liberal Arts (includes undecided majors): Dr. J. Crosby - 443-885-1807
School of Social Work: Mr. S. Mahnke - 443-885-4382