Federal Pell Grant (FPELL)
To get a Pell grant, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must be an undergraduate student who does not have a bachelor's or a professional degree. If you are enrolled in a post-baccalaureate teaching certificate program, you also may receive a Pell grant. The amount depends on your financial need, costs to attend school, status as a full-time or part-time student, and plans to attend school for a full academic year or less. If you received a Pell Grant for the first time on or after July 1, 2008, you can only receive the Pell Grant for up to 18 semesters or the equivalent.

Current Year Award Amount: The maximum PELL award is $5,815.

Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) are for undergraduates with exceptional financial need. Pell Grant recipients with the lowest EFCs will be the first to get FSEOGs. Just like Pell Grants, FSEOGs do not have to be paid back.  To get a FSEOG, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). 
The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant Program (TEACH) is federal financial aid that provides up to $4,000 a year in grants to students who are willing to commit to teach full time in a high-need field at a low income school. Complete four years of teaching within eight years of graduation at a school serving low income students. If you do not complete the four-year teaching obligation, this grant will convert to an unsubsidized direct loan.    
TEACH Grant Eligibility Requirements:
    • Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen,
    • Be enrolled as an undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student in a post secondary educational institution,
    • Be enrolled in coursework that is necessary to begin a career in teaching or plan to complete such coursework. Such coursework may include subject area courses (e.g., math courses for a student who intends to be a math teacher),
    • Meet certain academic achievement requirements (generally, scoring above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test or maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25),