How To Apply for Summer Financial Aid
Procedures to Apply for Summer Session(s) Aid
- Retrieve a summer application from the Office of Financial Aid and/or retrieve it online and print it out.
- Applications will only be processed if students are registered for summer classes.
- Submit the completed application to the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) , Montebello rm A203
- Allow 2 to 4 weeks for Financial Advisors to determine your aid eligibility and to process your award. Your award will be posted on WebSIS. You should Accept or decline your aid immediately
- Aid will consist of residual aid that was not awarded during the Fall or Spring semesters for current school year.
- Residual aid could consist of federal aid, Pell, Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans.
- Private Alternative loans can be used for the summer sessions.
- If it is determined that you are not eligible to receive residual/additional OFA you will be notified via your MSU email address.
- If parents are applying for the Direct Plus loan apply early using the summer sessions as the loan periods.
Summer Sessions per University Calendar dates are as follows:
Summer Session I: May 30, 2017-June 29, 2017 (Final Exams: June 30, 2017-July 3, 2017)
Summer Session II: July 10, 2017-August 11, 2017 (Final Exams: August 14-16, 2017)