Ph.D., University of Louisville, Kentucky, 2006
Dr. Sandip C. Patel received his Ph.D. from the University of Louisville, USA in computer science and engineering, Master of Science in information and computer science from Georgia Institute of Technology, USA and Bachelor of Engineering from Gujarat University, India in 2006, 1988, and 1983 respectively. Dr. Patel has over ten years of industry experience and three years of teaching experience, both in USA. He is currently teaching at Morgan State University as Assistant Professor in Baltimore, Maryland. He has worked as a consultant with IBM and as a systems analyst and engineer at AT&T (formerly, NCR Corporation) in areas of computer performance, quality assurance, and testing. Dr. Patel has also established and operated a computer consulting company in Florida. He has published papers in areas of computer performance, human computer interface, and teaching via electronic media. His doctoral thesis and current research are on the security enhancements to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA). Dr. Patel is on the editorial board of DIAS Technology Review: The International Journal of Business and IT and is reviewer for ten journals. His work has been published in or is accepted to appear in the journals such as Communications of the ACM, International Journal of Business Information Systems, and International Journal of Information Management.
Dr. Patel's research interests include security, risk management, and information systems.
1. Karanja, E. & Patel, S. C. (in press, 2011). A Review of Research Trends in Strategic Information-Systems Planning. International Journal of Business Information Systems.
2. Thiruvadi, S. & Patel, S. C. (2011). Survey of Data-mining Techniques used in Fraud Detection and Prevention. Information Technology Journal, 10 (4), 710-716.
3. Patel, S. C. & Zaveri, J. (2010). Framework to Assess Financial Cost of Cyber Attacks on Control Systems. Journal of Digital Business, 4 (1,2), 36-45.
4. Patel, S., Hieb, J. L. , & Graham, J. H. (2010). Secure Internet-Based SCADA for Monitoring and Control of Industrial Processes. International Journal of Computers and Their Applications, 17 (1).
5. Bapna, S. & Patel, S. (2010). Securing Computerized Models and Data against Integrity Attacks. International Journal of Electronic Finance, 4 (4), 343-354.
6. Patel, S. & Zaveri, J. (2010). A Risk Assessment Model for Cyber Attacks on Information Systems. Journal of Computers, 5 (3), 352-359.
7. Patel, S. C. & Graham, J. H. (2010). Proving Correctness of SCADA Security-Enhancement Models. Journal of Information Systems Security, 6 (2), 47-67.