Beta Alpha Psi -- Kappa Alpha Chapter
BETA ALPHA PSI is a national scholastic and professional fraternity for financial information professionals. The primary objective of the fraternity is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
The National Constitution provides that chapters may be installed only at institutions that are accredited members of the AACSB - The International Association for Management Education.
The Kappa Alpha Chapter is the Morgan State University student chapter of Beta Alpha Psi. The objectives of the Kappa Alpha Chapter are as follows:
- To maintain an accounting and financial information honor society that is comprised completely of academically achieved and professionally promising individuals.
- To provide services to people and the community.
- To establish direct contact and network with partners and managers in public accounting, finance and information technology.
- To demonstrate leadership as officers and through participation as members in a professional organization and gain valuable experience before entering the professional work force after graduation.
- To promote the collegiate study of accounting.
- To develop and improve interviewing skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills of members.
The 2012-2013 officers of the Kappa Alpha chapter are as follows:
|Vice President||Sammy Ndiyo, Jr.||email@example.com|
|Reporting Secretary||Jayde Maddox-Harrisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Seema Sharma Poudelemail@example.com|
|Faculty Advisor||Prof. Karen Robinsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|