2016-2017 Project: Reading the 2016 Department of Justice Report on the Baltimore Police.
"Philosophical practice is a public good and should therefore be practiced in and with various publics. It has the explicit aim of benefiting public life & should be liberatory. Public Philosophy should assist and empower those who are most vulnerable and suffer injustice, particularly through a critical analysis of power structures" (PPP 2010).
|Philosophy at HBCUs Conference
- The New APPS blog is a group blog that takes up a variety of issues and has many commentators from different departments.
- The New York Times has a blog devoted to philosophy: The Stone.
- The Guardian's How to Believe series takes different figures from the history of philosophy and asks experts to write an accessible review of her work.
- Feminist Philosophers is a blog by and for feminist philosophers.
- Public Reason is a mostly analytic blog devoted to political philosophy.
- New Books in Philosophy is a bi-monthly podcast on recent books published in the profession run by Robert Talisse and Carrie Figdor.
- Crooked Timber is a group blog with philosophers and non-philosophers.
- Philosophy TV! No kidding.
- Prosblogion is a group blog in the philosophy of religion.
Single Author Blogs:
- Peter Levine is a philosopher who works mostly on civic engagement.
- John Danaher is an Irish philosopher who writes at Philosophical Disquisitions.
- Ted Kinnaman blogs on the intersection of Kant and public policy at Attached Observer.
- Gary Banham has a blog at Inter Kant.
- Leigh M. Johnson's Read More, Write More, Think More, Be More covers philosophy, politics, music, and culture.
- Chris Long has a blog and also does a regular podcast "Digital Dialogue."
- Noelle McAfee blogs.
- Farhang Erfani curates Continental Philosophy.
- Two interesting single-author Marxist blogs are Unemployed Negativity and Accelerate the Contradictions!
- Michael Cholbi blogs about philosophical pedagogy at In Socrates Wake.
- James Stanescu blogs about critical animal studies at Critical Animal.