News and Events
Listen to Tsenay Serequeberhan's podcast discussion of philosophy and Eurocentrism on the Marc Steiner Show here.
Joanna Crosby’s and Seth Vannatta’s new co-edited volume, The Wire and Philosophy, is available for pre-order at: The Wire and Philosophy
Congratulations to Seth Vannatta for winning the University Appreciation Award in recognition for Outstanding Achievements and Accomplishments in Research
Seth Vannatta's edited volume, Chuck Klosterman and Philosophy: The Real and the Cereal, is available for at the following link: Chuck Klosterman and Philosophy
An author interview with Seth Vannatta can be found here: Maley Books.
Five fantastic logic students are also state champions on the Morgan State Cheerleading team.
Conferences and Meetings
· Foucault Circle, 2010
· Arendt Circle, 2012
· Philosophy and HBCUs Conference, November 10, 2012
· Mid-Atlantic Pragmatist Workshop, April 6, 2013, Call for Papers, tentative schedule can be found here: 8th Annual Mid-Atlantic Pragmatist Meeting, 2013.
Colloquia for 2013-2014
· Robert Birt, September 26, 11 AM Holmes Hall 117
· Glenn George , president, Gigeo1@morgan.edu
· Wesley Robinson, vice president, Werob1@morgan.edu
· Thaddeus White, treasurer, Thshi2@morgan.edu
· Abena Adusei, secretary
Pre-Law Association Events for 2012-2013 (Currently Being Scheduled)
· MEETINGS are held in Holmes Hall 120 noon second Tuesday of every month
· Student Organization Summit 9:00 A.M -4:30 P.M. Saturday, September 7, 2013 University Student Center
· Law School Fair, University of Maryland College Park, October 8, 4 - 7 PM.
Law School Fair, University of Baltimore, October 15.
· Thursday, October 24th, University of Maryland Law School and Drexel University School of Law, 11 AM, USC 315
· Baltimore Scholars Program, TBA, Professor Higginbotham speaks on opportunities for an LSAT prep course and a two week program at University of Baltimore School of Law, Ruth T. Sheffy Lecture Hall Communications
· University of Maryland Mock Trial Team Jury Service TBA
· Introduction to a Master's in Legal and Ethical Studies at University of Baltimore; Professor Jason Trumpbour, J.D., Ph.D. Speaks TBA
Helpful Information for Law School Applicants
- http://www.lsac.org/. Here you will find information regarding the need of your resume, LSAT, official transcripts, personal statement
- LSAT help links:
- PowerScore: www.powerscore.com
- Princeton Review: www.review.com
- Get Prepped: http://www.getprepped.com/
- Home LSAT: www.home-lsat.com
- Kaplan: http://www.kaplan.com/
- Varsity Tutors: http://www.varsitytutors.com/lsat-tutoring
- Where to apply? http://www.bc.edu/offices/careers/gradschool/law/lawlocator.html
The Boston College On-line Law School Locator lists the 25th to 75th percentile LSAT scores and GPA ranges of first year classes at accredited law schools, entering in the fall of 2008. The Locator can help you identify schools where your scores and grades are most competitive for admission and help you gauge your chance of admission at a particular school.
· LSAT is offered in June, October, December, and February at Morgan State University, whose code is 1394. Walk-in registration is not permitted, and there are a limited number of seats available. Visit the following websites for registration, helpful information, and preparation, and application tips.
Financial Aid for Law School
- Law School Application Checklist
- Official Law School Guide
- Essays that will Get you into Law School, Chris Dowhan
- How to get into the Top Law School, Richard Montauk
- Kaplan Newsweek Law School Admissions Advisor, Kaplan
- The Law School Buzz Book, Carolyn Wise
- Cracking the LSAT with Sample Tests on CD-Rom, Princeton Review
- The Official LSAT Prep Test with Explanations, Bonnie Gordon
Appointments with the Pre-law Advisor
· Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 11 A.M -1 P.M. or by appointment
· Holmes Hall 303; (443) 885-1803)
· Stephanie Smallwood, president
· Diego da Silva, vice president
Philosophy Club Events