Undergraduate & Graduate Degrees
The department offers three courses for the university's General Education Program and a wealth of upper-division undergraduate and also graduate courses for those interested in pursuing the disciplines of history and/or geography at an advanced level.
Our degree progams include:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in History
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in History
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in African-American Studies
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Museum Studies & Historic Preservation
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in History
- Minors in History and Geography
The department employs sixteen permanent tenured and tenure-track faculty, as well as a number of qualified lecturers. Particular areas of strength include the history of African-Americans, the African Diaspora, the Caribbean, and the history of the United States. The tabs on the left lead to information on the various major, minor, honors, and graduate programs.
* Note: Information on this website is considered unofficial and subject to change; those seeking offical renderings should consult the current Morgan State University Undergraduate or Graduate Catalog.