The C. Thomas Johnson Society for the Arts
The C. Thomas Johnson Society for the Arts at Morgan State University is based on the memory of C. Thomas Johnson's devotion to the ideals of scholarship and student achievement. this society's mission is to accord Morgan State University theatre arts students a pathway by which growth, recognition, vision and talent are fostered and achieved by providing scholarships, networking opportunities and venues for promotion of student work.
- to recognize students who excel in scholarship and reach high academic achievement
- to enable students to participate and contribute in artistic events and endeavors
- to plan and execute fund raising activities in order to achieve the Society's mission
- to provide an avenue for Morgan graduates and attendees to give back
- to offer professional and amateur networking experiences
- to support student performances, exhibits, shows, and other student-centered events by attendance
- to promote student accomplishments and advocate student needs
The C. Thomas Johnson relief sculpture created and donated by Patrick McGuire. The sculpture proudly hangs on the outer wall of the scene shop and faces the Theatre Suite in the Murphy Fine Arts Center.