Junior Writing Proficiency Examination Information Page
If you have registered for the Fall 2014 JWPE, here is what you need to know:
- The next JWPE will be administered on Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. at various locations.
- As a result of registering for the JWPE (a section of ENGL001), you were automatically enrolled in the ENGL001 Blackboard course where you can access further information and helpful resources.
- The Writing Center recommends you sign up for a PREPARING FOR THE JWPE WORKSHOP and/or try the ESSAY PRACTICE FOR THE JWPE exercise before taking the JWPE.
- Check WebSIS to determine the campus location that will serve as your testing site. Look for the building and room number associated with the section of ENGL001 for which you registered during Fall 2014.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early (10:45 a.m.) and bring your BEAR Card, two black ink pens, and a dictionary with you to the testing site.
If you have not already passed or registered for the JWPE, here is what you need to know:
- You may register yourself for the Fall 2014 JWPE via WebSIS during the registration period for that semester. Search for sections of ENGL001. For registration dates, please refer to the academic calendar.
- If you have successfully passed ENGL350, ENGL352, or ENGL354 you have already fulfilled the Writing Proficiency requirement and do not need to register for a section of ENGL001.
- In order to take the JWPE, you must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements BEFORE registering for the exam:
Earned transfer credit or a final grade of “C” or better in ENGL 101 or ENGL 111
Earned transfer credit or a final grade of “C” or better in ENGL 102 or ENGL 112
Earned transfer credit or a final grade of “D” or better in HUMA 201 or HUMA 211
Earned transfer credit or a final grade of “D” or better in HUMA 202 or HUMA 212