Rape Aggression Defense System
WHAT IS THE RAD SYSTEM?
The Rape Aggression Defense System is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. The RAD System is a comprehensive course for women that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance, while progressing on the basics of hands-on training. RAD is not a Martial Arts program. The courses are taught by certified RAD Instructors and provide you with a workbook/reference manual. The manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth. The RAD System of Physical Defense is currently being taught at many Colleges and Universities. The growing, wide spread acceptance of this system is primarily due to the ease, simplicity and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibility and unique teaching methodology. The Rape Aggression Defense System is dedicated to teaching women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault, by utilizing easy, effective and proven self-defense/martial arts tactics. This system of realistic defense will provide a woman with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance. We operate on the premise that a spontaneous violent attack will stimulate a natural desire to resist, on the part of the victim (supported by research). We educate women about, "The Flight or Fight Syndrome", while showing them that enhancing their option of physical defense is not only prudent, but a necessity if natural resistance is to be effective.
Safety and survival in today's world requires a definite course of action. We provide effective options by teaching women to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well-being.
FINALLY, A PHYSICAL DEFENSE PROGRAM FOR WOMEN THAT:
- Has established the standard for female self- defense programs
- Offers no-nonsense, practical techniques of defense
- Researched the effects of "The Flight or Fight Syndrome"
- Offers advanced self-defense courses that build upon the physical defense system
- Provides realistic and dynamic hands on training
- Provides students with a comprehensive reference manual
- Certifies Instructors from the community
- Has a litigation defense policy
- Offers state of the art programs at reasonable rates
- Every student receives a lifetime membership policy
REASONS WHY RAD SYSTEMS IS ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF SELF- DEFENSE TRAINING
- 1 out of every 4 college woman polled was sexually assaulted during four years at college. (Ms. Magazine Study on Sexual Assault and Rape)
- Between 1973 and 1987, (14 years), over 2.3 millions women reported sexual assaults in the United States. 71% of these victims avoided being raped by talking self-protective measures. (United States Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics )
DEVELOP YOUR OPTIONS
- In 1988, rape victims took self-protective measures in 86.7% of the cases. "Rape victims were more likely to defend themselves than assault or robbery victims"
(Criminal Victimization in the U. S.,1988)
DON'T BE VICTIMIZED BY FEAR
- "In fact, the most often used strategy for avoiders (of rape) appears to have been a combination of screaming and use of physical resistance."
(Bart, P. & O'Brien, P.,1985). Stopping Rape: Successful Survival Strategies. Pergamon Press, New York.)
For more Information and Scheduling Rape Aggression Defense Courses:
Community Oriented Policing Staff
443.885.3103 or 4888