On Campus Housing


 How to Apply for Housing

Housing application materials are available for newly admitted and current MSU students. The housing application must be returned to The Office of Residence Life & Housing, along with the non-refundable $200 Housing Application Fee.  First year students are not required to live on-campus and residence hall space is not guaranteed. Room and roommate assignments are not assigned or reassigned according to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability. Assignment to a specific hall, type of room or with a specific roommate is not guaranteed.

Click here for more information about the housing application process.

 Special Housing Needs

Students requiring special accommodation should contact the Office of Residence Life & Housing as early as possible. If you have a special medical, psychological or learning need, The Office of Residence Life & Housing will make every effort to provide the most appropriate, on-campus, housing assignment for you.

If you have a special need, please complete and submit a Special Housing Accommodation Request Form as soon as is possible. Your request will need to be accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation (e.g., medical records).

Your request will be reviewed by the Student Accessibility Support Services (SASS) in consultation with Health Services, the Counseling Center, and other appropriate college offices. The goal of this review is to provide an on-campus housing accommodation that best meets your need. SASS will then make a recommendation to the Morgan State University Office of Residence Life & Housing regarding your request for special accommodation. The accommodation option(s) will be limited to those currently available on campus.

The Office of Residence Life & Housing is committed to meeting the needs of students who request special accommodations to the best of its ability. Special considerations include: (1) disabilities such as mobility impairments, vision or hearing impairments (where physical accommodation or building adaptation may be required) or mental health concerns; and (2) religious reasons that require special accommodation.

Veterans of Military Service 

The Office of Residence Life & Housing is committed to serving the housing needs of our student veterans. We recognize that veterans may enjoy a more mature setting than typical first-year housing. If you are considering residence hall housing and would like to be placed together with other veterans, transfer students, or non- first-year students, please contact one of our Assignment Coordinators at 443-885-3218 who can talk with you about your on-campus housing needs.  

 Housing Options and Assistance for LGBT Students 

Are you a prospective student concerned about living on campus? Are you a current student who is transitioning and has special considerations regarding your on-campus housing? The Office of Residence Life & Housing responds to prospective and current student housing needs on a case-by-case basis. Our office is committed to establishing a community of respect and civil responsibility.  In our community, there is a rightful place for all.  Click here for FAQs and additional resource information.