General Technology Trends Resources:
- The Horizon Report -- summary of the latest instructional technology trends
- Technology Trends in Higher Ed: What you should know about them.
- Educause: Seven Things you should Know About (Lists various technology tools or innovations and seven things you should know about each).
Flip your Classroom & Clickers:
- The Flipped Chemistry Class -- but great tips for any subject
- 7 Things you should know about the Flipped Classroom
- Using Clickers -- Check out our Clickers Information Page
Apps -- for iPad, iPhone -- Check for Android Equivalents
Create Interactive Study Guides (Apple) - This page lists several apps for creating interactive study guides or reviews.
Sound Note: Take handwritten notes and record syncronized audio with it
Penultimate: Take handwritten notes and add them to DropBox.
PaperPort Notes: Take handwritten notes and create a PDF or email. You can add images to your notes as well.
Public Speaking or Broadcast/Telecom Courses:
Teleprompter+: Teleprompter app for public speaking, screencasting, lecture cating etc.
Quck Response QR Codes:
Easy QR Code: Add a QR (Quick Response) Code to your syllabus or course materials. Other Code generators are http://www.mobiletag.com/home-en.html Mobile Tag or http://www.beetagg.com/en/beetagg-qr-generator/ to generate your QR code.
A QR code is graphic image that is read by a mobile phone through its camera. The app then takes the user to a website, text message, video or other information.
Uses of QR Codes:
lab procedures or virtual labs
additional informationo on art exhibits
link to student survey about topics that are unclear or need further explanation
link to virtual tours
Mobile Story Telling:
Grades and Attendance:
Screen Casting from your iPad/iPhone: Turn your Mobile into a Whiteboard.