FREE Online Tutoring
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service that Morgan State is making available to its students. Smarthinking provides tutoring in a variety of subjects, some of which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Please read through this page before you begin using Smarthinking.
With Smarthinking you can: (See a sample session here)
- Connect With a Tutor and interact live
- Submit your paper for any class to their Online Writing Lab
- Submit a Question and receive a reply from a tutor
Accessing SMARTHINKING through Morgan is simple! Here's how:
1. Log in to Blackboard: http://morgan.blackboard.com Use your Morgan user name and password to log in to Blackboard.
2. On your browser, make sure pop-up blockers are turned off.
3. On the My Msu Bb screen, click link for Online Tutoring (found in the Tools box)
4. View the SMARTHINKING Student Handbook for complete instructions.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips
- Please disable all popup blockers for www.smarthinking.com
- Make sure that your browser is set up to allow cookies and pop-up windows (SMARTHINKING uses both of these)
- Make sure that you have Java installed. If you need to install Java, go to Java's Website and follow the instructions for the free download.
- Browser Compatibility:
- Firefox 12 or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher
- Safari 5.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 20.0 or higher
For a full list of the most up to date settings, please refer to SMARTHINKING's Technical FAQ page
Need Help using SMARTHINKING?
1. Once you log in, view the SMARTHINKING Student Handbook for complete instructions.
2. The SMARTHINKING Technical Support team is available to assist you. First, check the information in the Customer Support section of your Smarthinking home page to answer any questions about using the service. If you still need help, contact SMARTHINKING customer support at (888) 430-7429, ext. 1 Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST or support@SMARTHINKING.com (someone will respond to you by email within 24-48 hours).
3. If you are a faculty/staff member, take a look at the SMARTHINKING Faculty Handbook. If you have questions for Morgan's SMARTHINKING Coordinator, please contact Karen Rubinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 443.885.1103.