Audience Response - Clickers
Student response technology is an effective tool that helps facilitate pedagogical best practices and enhance student learning.
- Transform your classroom into an interactive and engaging learning environment.
- Experience increased attendance and participation - even from those quiet, back-of-the-lecture-hall students.
- Create open discussions that are fueled by students, rather than forced by you.
- Gauge student understanding instantly with visual charts in real-time.
- Provide students review questions that are reflective of their understanding, not just what you think they need work on.
- Check reading assignments instantly with short quizzes before class and grade assignments instantly.
What's Needed for Instructors:
1. Presenter Software: Download TurningTechnology Software for Windows and Mac: This software enables you to create your questions. Download New TurningPoint.
2. Presenter Hardware (This hardware is supplied FREE from TurningPoint):
- Receiver: Plug the receiver into your computer.
- OPTIONAL - Presenter Card: It allows presenters the ability to be mobile in a classroom while polling a classroom/audience. In addition, presenters have the ability to customize the device to control how they operate polling.
What's Needed for Students:
1. The Clicker Device - AKA Response Cards - The Clickers: (The NXT is recommended). Students purchase these from the Bookstore, online or faculty/staff presenters may purchase a kit. Did you know that students can use their financial aid to purchase their clicker in the MSU bookstore? Make the clicker a required course material.
How to Guides, Videos & Workshops
|TuringPoint 4 (Spring 2012/Summer 2013)||Turning Point 5 (Fall 2013)|
|Printed Guides||Printed Guides||Printed Guides: Guides for PowerPoint Polling, Anywhere Polling & Self-Paced Polling|
|Video Tutorials||Video Tutorials||Video Tutorials: Videos for PowerPoint Polling, Anywhere Polling & Self-Paced Polling. Results Manager, Hardware and more.|
|Online Training||Recorded Training Sessions||Free Web-based Training: Short instructor-lead webinars See schedule here.|
|Self-Paced Training||Self-Paced Training||Free Self-Paced Training: Online training you can complete at your own pace.
Blackboard & TurningPoint 5 Video: How to use TurningPoint with your Bb course. Register Students, Use the Roster, GradeCenter, etc.
Ideas/Resources: How to engage your students!