The Minimester provides students the opportunity to take classes during the three-week break between the Fall and Spring semesters. The credits received during the Minimester are equivalent to credits earned during the regular semesters. The Minimester is also open to non-Morgan students. The current Minimester Schedule may be viewed on-line here. Course descriptions are published in the on-line undergraduate catalog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can non-degree or “visiting” students take summer classes at Morgan State University?
A: Yes, Non-degree seeking or “visiting” students are eligible to take classes during the 2015 winter session which begins January 5th and ends January 22nd. All non-degree or visiting students must apply for admission to Morgan State University using the online application. Applicants must identify themselves as a "visiting" or "non-degree seeking" student in order to find the winter session option.
As a non-degree or visiting student, you may register for most undergraduate courses at Morgan so long as you meet all prerequisites for enrolling in the course and registration is not restricted by the department. In some cases, you may need to obtain permission to enroll in a course from the Chair of the department and/or the Dean of the college/school in which the course is offered before registration will be allowed.
Application Procedures for Non-Degree Students
1. Submit online application for non-degree enrollment.
2. Pay the $35 application fee.
3. Register for classes in a timely manner.
Non-degree or visiting students should be advised of the following:
- non-degree or visiting students are not eligible for financial aid or Veterans Administration (VA) benefits;
- International students on F-1 visas are not eligible for admission as non-degree or visiting students unless they have permission from their host institution or are on practical training; and,
- non-degree or visiting students who decide to matriculate at Morgan must satisfy all criteria for regular admission and must successfully complete all degree requirements for their major including, but not necessarily limited to, orientation courses, prerequisite courses, theses, and proficiency, exit, or qualifying examinations.
Q: Are the listed courses guaranteed to run?
A: No, undergraduate courses with fewer than 10 students and graduate courses with fewer than five students are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment. Please consult with your professor and/or the Division of Academic Outreach and Engagement (tel: 443-885-4696) if you have concerns about your course being cancelled.
Q: I have been admitted to Morgan for the upcoming spring semester. May I enroll in courses during the Minimester?
A: Yes, but you will have to enroll in the Minimester Session as a non-degree student. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to complete the necessary paperwork. The credits you earn will be subsequently transferred to your official transcript. Please contact the Transfer Center if you have questions about the suitability of any coursework for transfer.
Q: Where can I find information about tuition and financial aid?
Q: When can I begin registering for Winter 2015 Minimester?
A: Online registration will begin on October 17, 2014.
Q: Is on-campus housing available during the Winter 2015 Minimester?
A: Yes, housing applications for the Winter 2015 Minimester will be available beginning Monday, November 17, 2014 in the Office of Residence Life and are due Tuesday, December 16, 2014.
Q: What courses will be offered during the Winter 2015 Minimester?
A: A schedule of classes for the Winter 2015 Minimester will be available on October 17, 2014 at this link.
If you have questions, please phone 443-885-4686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.