R.A.D. (Reverse Awarding of Associate Degrees)
Please pardon our dust.
This page is undergoing renovations BUT, feel free to wander around.
To avoid dangling participles and misplaced modifiers please remember to wear a hard hat!
r.a.d. - the smart thing to do!
Perhaps more popularly known as “Reverse Transfer” R.A.D. (Reverse Awarding of Associate Degree Program) can help you finish what you started at your Maryland community college, even though you have already transferred to Morgan State University.
We understand that there are many reasons why you may have transferred to Morgan prior to completing your associate degree, but we want to ensure you earn credit where credit is due!
R.A.D. allows you to:
- Transfer credits back to your Maryland community college that you earned at Morgan State University
- Apply those credits towards completion of a degree, diploma, or certificate at your Maryland community college
WHY SHOULD r.a.d. MATTER TO YOU?
Completing your associate degree has many potential benefits:
- Increase your value to employers
- Improve job prospects while you finish your bachelor’s degree
- Distinguish yourself from job seekers who have not completed a degree
- An associate degree is an outstanding work credential; employers recognize its value when recruiting and hiring
- Achieve a bachelor’s degree
- Increase probability of completing your bachelor’s degree
- Boost your earning potential after completing the bachelor's degree
- There is no risk to you!! Even though you are applying the hours you have earned at Morgan State University toward an associate degree at your Maryland community college, your hours earned at Morgan will still apply appropriately toward your undergraduate degree!
DO I MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
- Eligible students must have earned a minimum of 45 college credits of which at least 15 credits must have been earned at a Maryland community college.
- Students may not have previously earned an Associate's Degree from the participating community college.
participating community colleges:
- Montgomery College
- More to come!!
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
- Complete a Reverse Awarding of the Associate’s Degree FERPA Release Form available in the Morgan State University Transfer Center (Montebello D-325).
- The participating community college will review your credits and will conduct an initial graduation audit.
- The participating community college will communicate the outcome of the graduation audit (including any outstanding requirements) with you.
- Once all degree requirements are met and upon degree conferment, your final community college transcript will be sent to Morgan State University free of charge.
For more information about R.A.D. contact:
The Transfer Center
Morgan State University
Montebello Complex, Suite D-325
1700 East Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21251
Important to Note: Sending your Morgan State University transcript to your participating Maryland community college does not guarantee that you will be granted a degree. The transcripts and course work submitted will be evaluated by the institution to determine whether or not you have fulfilled the associate degree requirements as set forth by your Maryland community college. The decision to grant a degree remains up to community college discretion and policy.
THE TRANSFER CENTER AT MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY SUPPORTS:
Revised June 19, 2014
"Growing the Future, Leading the World!"