Mission & Vision Statement
VETERANS ENGAGEMENT MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Office of Veterans Engagement (OVE) is to support the achievement of the University's enrollment management and student success goals by providing leadership in identifying and sustaining new external partnerships, facilitating recruitment, registration and retention-related communication between internal partners and students and by providing a variety of support services to veterans of the armed forces at Morgan State University.
VETERANS ENGAGEMENT VISION STATEMENT
The Office of Veterans Engagement has a vision of ensuring that Morgan State University will be the "University of Choice" for all student veterans, service members, dependents, and spouses by being recognized nationally as a "Military Friendly University".
In our commitment to support the University's vision, we are establishing and continuing to implement the following goals:
- Increase the attractiveness of the University to prospective and current veteran students
- Assisting the University with recruitment efforts to a broader veteran population of prospective students through outreach and partnerships endeavors
- Create partnership with higher institutions, community organizations, and veteran friendly businesses
- Create an environment of sensitivity and understanding of veterans needs
- Poll current veteran students for suggestions on how the University can better assist them
- Provide veteran students with networking communities to promote internships and career placement opportunities