Major Functions

Registration of Students - The Office of Records and Registration is the center of the registration process at Morgan State University-- investigating and finalizing details as to when and how registration will proceed; compilation and publication of the schedule booklet; and assisting students in all aspects of registration.

Transcripts - The University changed its policy regarding transcript fees. Beginning August 1, 2008, students are allotted two (2) mailed official transcript at no charge. After the SECOND "No Charge" transcript has been processed, all other requests for official transcripts carry a charge of five dollars ($5.00) per transcript.  All financial obligations to the University must be cleared before a transcript request will be honored. The request must be submitted in writing via mail bearing the student's signature or in-person.

Verifications - Verification of student records includes verification of attendance dates; graduation dates; major in which degree was earned; number of credit hours completed at M.S.U.; whether enrolled half-time, part-time or full-time and the semester of enrollment; anticipated graduation date; and date of withdrawal from the University.

Students' Records- It is the responsibility of the Office of Records and Registration to house and maintain the records of students. The office treats such information in a confidential manner, and exercises the highest levels of integrity in the dissemination of such records. The Office of Record and Registration complies with all Federal, State, and University rules and policies with regard to privacy.

Cooperative Program- The Cooperative Program encourages a variety of unique educational opportunities to meet the needs of the Morgan student beyond what the campus boundaries provide. Two aspects of this program, which are offered through the Office of Records and Registration, include: (1) COOP program of the State Colleges of Maryland and (2) the Academic Cooperative Program.

The COOP Program of the State colleges is divided into two facets: (a) Greater Baltimore area 4-year institutions and (b) other 4-year State institutions. The first facet is a cooperative arrangement, which exists between Bowie, Coppin, Morgan, Towson, and University of Baltimore. The second facet includes Frostburg and Salisbury. Students eligible to participate in these programs must have full-time, undergraduate status (except Freshmen) and good academic (as determined by the Home institution). The cost is equal to the cost of attendance at the Home institution.

The Academic COOP Program, instituted in September 1973, is a COOP arrangement between Goucher, Johns Hopkins (College of Arts and Sciences only), Loyola, Morgan, Notre Dame, and Towson. This program is also open to full-time day students (except Freshmen) during the Fall and Spring Semesters only.

Additional information may be secured from Records and Registration and ACP Coordinator, Mr. Samuel Taylor, Montebello Complex, Room A117.

Drop/ Add- Classes may be dropped without academic penalty according to the deadline published in the academic calendar. DISCONTINUED ATTENDANCE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE DROPPING A CLASS AND SUCH ACTION WILL RESULT IN A GRADE OF "F" WHICH IS COMPUTED IN THE AVERAGE AS WELL AS BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE COST OF THE CLASS. Classes may be added as specified in the published schedule booklets each semester.

Change of Major - When a student wants to change his/her major, they first need to obtain signatures from the appropriate Deans and Chairpersons: first, the current Dean and Chairperson; second, the new Dean and Chairperson. Once the form has been completed with appropriate signatures, the Records and Registration office will process the Change of Major.

Change of Address - Currently enrolled students may go to WEBSIS under personal information to update their address. Alumni may go to the Office of Alumni Affairs to update addresses.

Change of Social Security Number - Change of Social Security Number forms (once completed by the student) are inputted into the system by Records and Registration. Official documentation is needed before requests are processed.

Change of Name - Change of Name forms (once completed by the student) are inputted into the system by Records and Registration. Official documentation is needed before requests are processed.

Withdrawal from School - Students who wish to withdraw completely from the University for the semester in which they are registered, should report to their academic dean to begin the process. Withdrawal forms signed by the dean are to be submitted to the Records and Registration office to be inputted into the system.

Application for Graduation - Students must file applications for graduation in the office of the dean of their school according to dates published in the University Calendar and Schedule Booklets. The Deans will submit the students Application for Graduation to the Records and Registration office for processing.

Residency Status - Students who wish to change their residency status must obtain and complete a Change of Residency form from the Office of Records and Registration. In addition to the completed form, requested documentation must also be submitted.

Voters Registration - Voters Registration cards may be obtained in the Records and Registration Office, Montebello A117 or your may download the form from the Board of Elections site at